Inspired by the "Baltic Way", Rail Baltica too will connect nations, people, places in the Baltics.
about Rail Baltica!
Estimated Rail Baltica train services
- Rail Baltica will provide a fast rail connection between the Baltic capitals every two hours.
- Rail Baltica high-speed trains from Tallinn to Warsaw and from Tallinn to Vilnius are estimated to run four times per day.
- Up to ten trains per day will run on Vilnius-Kaunas-Warsaw route.
- Two night-trains on the route Tallinn-Riga-Kaunas-Warsaw-Berlin and Vilnius-Kaunas-Warsaw-Berlin.
- Travelers will be able to reach Riga International Airport from the Riga Central Station in around 10 minutes, with minimum one train every 30 minutes.
Rail Baltica will add the last missing piece to the European Railway system puzzle.
Passenger train maximum speed is comparable to the take-off speed of a propeller plane. 249 km/h
The travel time from Tallinn to Vilnius will be the lenght of entire “Gone with the Wind” movie. 3 h 38 min
A ticket from Tallinn to Riga is expected to cost as much as check-in bag when traveling by plane. 38 EUR
Passages will provide everyone a safe path over the railway, even the forest friends.
A person that travels by train does up to 100 times less damage to the planet than one traveling by car.** considering that a car carries 4 passengers and a train up to 160 passengers.
The chance of fatality for one passenger over 1 billion kilometres is under 1%. In that case you would have to live on the train.